Chicken With Green Peppercorns And Mustard
- 4 x chicken breasts
- 50 gm butter
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil salt, pepper
- 1 Tbsp. green peppercorns
- 15 gm butter
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. cream
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 2 x egg yolks
- 2 tsp mustard, whole grain
- Season the chicken breasts well.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and when warm, add in chicken breasts. Cook gently on each side for 4-5 min or possibly till chicken is still tender and lightly browned. Remove from heat and keep hot.
- Prepare the sauce:Drain peppercorns and rinse well under hot water.
- Heat a butter in a small pan, add in peppercorns and cook gently 1 minute. Add in white wine, lemon juice, cream and stock, bring to the boil.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in lowfat sour cream, egg yolks and mustard. Stir over a very low heat till sauce thickens; Don't BOIL.
- Season sauce and spoon over chicken.
- Serve with baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and buttered spinach.
Leave a review or comment