Chicken With Cashews And Snow Peas
- 2 x Boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 4 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. Ginger root, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp. Soy sauce, Tamari
- 1 lb Snow peas
- 6 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 c. Cashews
- 1/4 c. Chicken broth, or possibly water
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Cut the chicken into small, bite-sized pcs. In a small bowl, combine the garlic (pushed through a garlic press), ginger, sesame oil and tamari. Stir the chicken into this marinade, and set aside. Break the stem ends off the snow peas. Place the oil in a wok or possibly large skillet, and, when it is warm, stir in the cashews. Cook just for a couple of min, till the nuts are golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, and set them aside in a serving dish.
- Stir-fry the snow peas in the oil about two min, just till they have turned bright green. Add in to the cashews in the serving dish. Stir-fry the marinated chicken in the oil just till it is opaque throughout, about 5 min. Dissolve the cornstarch in chicken broth and add in to the pan along with the snow peas and cashews. Cook and stir just till thickened and warm through.
Leave a review or comment