Chicken Vesuvio From Chicago Italian Restaurant
- 3 lb Cut up chicken
- 1/3 c. Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Dry oregano
- 3/4 tsp Dry leaf oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Dry rosemary , thyme And fresh grnd black pepper
- 1 pch Dry rosemary, rubbed sage
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x Baking potatoes, in lengthwise wedges
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 c. Dry white wine
- 1 c. Fresh or possibly frzn peas, optional
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Mix flour, basil, oregano, salt, thyme, pepper, rosemary and sage in shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mix. Shake off excess. Heat oil in 12" oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken pcs in single layer, fry, turning occasionally till light brown on all sides-15 min. Remove and drain. Add in potato wedges to skillet; fry, turning occasionally till light brown; remove to paper towels to drain. Set oven to 375. Pour off all but 2 tbsp. of fat from skillet. Pour chicken & potatoes back into skillet. Sprinkle with parsley and garlic. Pour wine over all.
- Bake, uncovered, till potatoes are fork tender and juices run clear-20-25 min. Let stand 5 min before serving. Serve with pan juices.
- NOTES : Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment