Chicken Tikka Masala
- 3 ounce Ghee or possibly unsalted butter
- 8 ounce Finely minced onions
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1 tsp Grnd coriander
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Chilli pwdr
- 1 tsp Finely grated root ginger
- 1 tsp Crushed garlic
- 4 fl ounce liquid made up of juice and hot water
- 1/2 tsp Salt or possibly to taste A healthy pinch of tandoori colouring, (optional)
- 10 fl ounce single cream
- 1 1/2 ounce Grnd almond
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Heat the ghee or possibly butter over medium heat and fry the onions till they are soft but not brown. Add in the cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli pwdr and fry for 1 minute. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 min. Add in the spiced liquid, cover the pan and let the contents bubble for 2-3 min. Stir in the salt, tandoori colouring and cream. Re-cover the pan and let it all bubble gently for 10 min.
- Add in the cooked tikka and grnd almonds. Stir and mix well. Cover and simmer for 5-6 min. Stir in the lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Serve with Kesari Chawal.
Leave a review or comment