Chicken Thighs With Pistachios And Escargot Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, about
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken thighs, bones in, with skin removed Salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 3 lrg Clov garlic, peeled and coarsely minced
- 4 Tbsp. Chilled unsalted butter, (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 c. Coarsely minced flat-leaf parsley Salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Pistachio nuts, coarsely minced
- This is a variation of a fish recipe which appears in Michel Richard's book. See below for fish variation.
- Place a heavy large nonstick skillet over medium heat and film with oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add in chicken to the skillet and cook till opaque throughout, for about 5 min total, turning halfway.
- For the escargot butter, meanwhile boil the chicken broth with the garlic in a heavy saucepan till the liquid is reduced to 2 Tbsp. Whisk in 1 Tbsp. butter off the heat. Return to very low heat and whisk in the remaining 3 Tbsp. butter, one at a time, to create a thick, creamy sauce. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, place the chicken on 4 plates. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
- Fish variation: Substitute 4 (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 lb. total) freshwater perch fillets, patted dry, for the chicken thighs, and 1/2 c. clam juice or possibly fish stock for the chicken broth. Proceed with the recipe as given.
- Recipe for Chicken Thighs with Pistachios and Escargot Butter is a variation of a fish recipe from Michel Richard's Home Cooking With a French Accent by Michel Richard with Judy Zeidler and Jan Weimer
Leave a review or comment