Chicken Thighs With Leeks And Garlic
- 4 x Leeks
- 6 slc Garlic cloves
- 6 ounce Apple juice
- 6 ounce Dry white wine
- 3 ounce Brandy (optional)
- 4 lrg Chicken thighs
- 4 ounce Diced ham or possibly
- 4 ounce Lean bacon
- 4 ounce Heavy cream Salt and pepper
- Make a bed of the leeks, cut into large dice, including the tender greens. Add in sliced garlic, then apple juice, wine and brandy. Top with chicken thighs and ham or possibly bacon. Place in oven and let simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs, or possibly till chicken is tender.
- Pour off liquid, skim fat, then boil down till it is reduced to an intensely flavored liquid. Add in cream, then taste for salt and pepper.
- Beverage recommendation: Dry cider or possibly sparkling wine.
- Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment