Chicken Stew With TortelliniPrep: 2 hours Cook: 45 min Servings: 10by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
This can be made with fresh chicken breast or you can dress up your leftover chicken by stirring it into this easy-to-prepare stew. With chunks of yellow squash and sweet pepper accompany plump tortellini and spinach.
- 2 Lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut Into 1-Inch Cubes
- 1 Tsp. Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Seasoning Blend
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Coarsely Chopped
- 4 Medium Carrots, Sliced Thick Diagonally
- 1 Medium Yellow Summer Squash, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Dried Rosemary, Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 7 1/4 Cups Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 19 Oz. Pkg. Frozen Cheese Filled Tortellini, Thawed
- 6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped
- Season chicken pieces with salt-free seasoning; set aside for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- In a Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons canola oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken is small batches, cook until no longer pink; 5 minutes each. Deglaze pan with 1 cup of chicken broth; remove broth and reserve.
- In same Dutch oven heat remaining oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, squash, rosemary, and black pepper. Cook until crisp tender and slightly golden.
- Slowly pour chicken broth into pan. Add cooked chicken and bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Add tortellini and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and fresh basil into soup, simmer until wilted. Serve garnished with shredded Parmesan cheese and dinner rolls or fresh fruit.
Leave a review or comment