A classic comfort food stew that is great on a cold winter day!
- 2 lbs of cooked chicken (cut up, I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 48 oz. can of chicken broth
- 1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes (diced medium size)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- Green Beans, frozen (optional amount)
- Carrots (sliced, optional amount)
- Peas, frozen (optional amount)
- Corn, frozen (optional amount)
- Salt and pepper as you desire
- Add chicken, broth, potatoes, celery and carrots to large pan and cook slowly.
- When potatoes, celery and carrots are tender add green beans, peas and corn and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and, if desired, a thickening agent (corn starch, instant mashed potatoes, etc.).
- When thickened to desired consistency, serve.
Leave a review or comment