Chicken, Shittake And Bok Choy Soup
- 8 c. canned low-salt chicken broth
- 6 ounce fresh shiitake mushrooms - (abt 10 large) stemmed, and caps sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce (nam pla) see * Note
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oriental sesame oil see * Note
- 1/4 tsp chili oil see * Note
- 3 c. thinly sliced bok choy
- 4 tsp rice vinegar see * Note Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 x green onions sliced
- * Note: Available at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.
- Bring broth, mushrooms and ginger to boil in large pot. Reduce heat and simmer 3 min. Add in fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili oil and simmer 2 min. Add in bok choy and simmer till bok choy is tender, about 2 min. Stir in rice vinegar. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment