Chicken RisottoPrep: 25 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Chicken Rissoto is an easy recipe for a cheesy and delicious Italian style chicken casserole. It takes less than an hour from start to finish. Features include: Chicken combined with mushrooms, bell peppers and quinoa all cooked on the stovetop and topped with Parmesan cheese for a delicious meal. It is also a healthy, low calories, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Cook chicken in 2 Tbsp of the salad dressing in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until evenly browned, stirring frequently. Spoon into a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining dressing in same skillet over medium heat. Add in mushrooms and bell peppers; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding garlic for the last minute. Add in quinoa, broth and water; stir. Bring to a boil; cover. Simmer over medium-low heat 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir in chicken, parsley and lemon juice; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 5 minutes; top with cheese.
Leave a review or comment