Chicken Pad ThaiPrep: 15 min Servings: 4by Pretend Chef126 recipes>
A healthy version of a takeout favorite. Quick and easy to make!
- 4 oz flat rice noodles
- 4 tbsp lower-sodium ketchup
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves cut into 1 1/2" strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- lime wedges (optional)
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions.
- Combine the ketchup, fish sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Heat 1 tsp of the peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes or until set. Remove the egg from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp peanut oil to the skillet. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the noodles and cook for another minute. Add the ketchup mixture and cook, tossing, for another minute. Stir in the scallions and egg and remove from the heat.
- Garnish each serving with 1/4 cup of the bean sprouts and sprinkling with the peanuts. Serve with the lime wedges, if desired.
Leave a review or comment