Chicken madrasiPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Aparna Anurag123 recipes>
- 3 Tbsp refined oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 green cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 green chillies, slit
- curry leaves
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp cashew nuts - poppy seed paste (Soak 15 cashews and 1 Tbsp poppy seed in a cup of milk for an hour. Grind it into a paste.)
- 2 tsp chicken masala
- 2 tsp kasoori methi
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Chopped coriander leaves, to ganrish
- In a wok add refined oil. Add a bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon. Let them release the aroma.
- Now add onions. Saute till golden brown and then add the ginger-garlic paste. Mix and add the chicken pieces. Saute till they start to color a bit.
- Now add the turmeric and salt. Toss and add water.
- Add the green chilli and curry leaves. Let the curry simmer.
- Add the red chilli powder, cashew nut -poppy seed paste, chicken masala, kasoori methi, garam masala and coriander powder. Mix well and let the curry simmer till the chicken is cooked. Add more water if required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment