Chicken In Puff Pastry
- 6 x chicken thighs deboned and cooked in chicken broth
- 6 x sausage links lf, brown & serve links Packaged cream sauce mix prepared according to directions, with a few Tablespoons white wine
- 1 c. fresh mushrooms sliced,sauteed and divided
- 6 x puff pastry shells thawed
- Stuff brown & serve sausage link into cavity left by thigh bone and divide 1/2 c. mushrooms into 6 equal portions. Roll out pastry shells to approx 34 inches in diameter. Onto each pastry shell, layer in the following order.
- 1 Tbsp. sauce, 1 portion mushrooms, stuffed chicken thigh (upside down). Wrap pastry shell around chicken, place seam side down on baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, bake for approx. 30 min or possibly till golden. Serve with remaining sauce (to that other 1/2 c. mushrooms have been added) and cranberry sauce. (Mother would spoon whole berry cranberry sauce into canned peach halves and serve this on the side).
Leave a review or comment