Chicken In Almond And Cashew Sauce ( Murgh Roghni )
- 12 x chicken drumsticks skinned
- 150 ml lowfat yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 60 gm unsalted cashew nuts soaked in warm water for 10 min
- 60 gm almorrds soaked in warm water for 10 min
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 lrg onions minced finely
- 10 Tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tsp chilli pwdr
- 1 x teaspoan turmeric pwdr
- 2 tsp garam masala pwdr
- 4 x Large eggs hard boiled shelled and halved
- 2 Tbsp. double cream salt
- Marinate the chicken in the lowfat yoghurt and salt for 30 min.
- Heat the sugar in a heavy pan till it browns.
- Add in half the oil and blend into the caramel.
- Place the chicken in the pan and fry till well browned.
- Meanwhile grind the nuts to a paste.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining oil and sprinkle in the cumin seeds.
- When they turn brown add in the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Stir a couple of times and add in the onion.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Add in the tomato puree and nut paste and simmer till the oil separates then add in the powdered spices.
- Add in the fried chicken and cook till tender adding a little water to prevent burning.
- Check the seasoning and serve warm garnished with the Large eggs and a swirl of cream.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment