Chicken Fajitas With Pico De Gallo
- 1 1/2 lb Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. Bottled taco sauce (tabasco or possibly the like)
- 3 Tbsp. Lime juice (best if real limes used)
- 3 Tbsp. Tequila
- 2 x Jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 x Crushed dry habanero
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 12 x Flour tortillas Salsa Guacamole Shredded lettuce Lowfat sour cream Shredded cheese Pico de gallo
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Trim off any fat or possibly gristle. In a large bowl, combine taco sauce, lime juice, tequila, jalapenos, garlic, salt, and cumin. Add in chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate, tossing occasionally, 1 to 2 hrs at room temperature, or possibly up to 12 hrs refrigerated.
- Prepare a warm fire. Set chicken on an oiled grill 4 to 6 inches from heat. Grill, turning and basting with marinade several times, till chicken is white throughout but still moist, 8 to 10 min. Let stand 3 to 5 min before cutting or possibly tearing into large strips.
- While chicken is standing, heat tortillas directly on grill for 20 to 30 seconds per side, or possibly wrap in foil in 2 pkgs., 6 tortillas to a package, and hot, turning several times, 3 to 5 min.
- To serve, put chicken strips on tortillas. Top with salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce, and lowfat sour cream. Roll up and eat.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with "Black Bean Salad" and top shelf margaritas!
Leave a review or comment