Chicken Enchiladas With Salsa Verde
- 225 gm onions
- 125 gm celery
- 50 gm sundried tomatoes
- 225 gm browncap or possibly shiitake mushrooms
- 450 gm skinless chicken breast fillet
- 1 x level tsp dry oregano
- 1 x level tsp cumin seeds
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clv garlic
- 250 gm cheddar cheese
- 2 x level tbsp minced fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 x flour tortillas butter for greasing salsa verde to serve basil leaves to garnish
- Finely slice the onions.
- Cut the celery into matchsticks and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cut the chicken into strips and place in a bowl with the oregano cumin seeds and seasoning.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add in the onions celery and crushed garlic and cook for 3 to 4 min.
- Add in the sundried tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for a further 2 to 3 min.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add in the remaining oil to the pan and stirfry the chicken in batches for 2 to 3 min.
- Mix together the chicken mushroom mix 175g grated cheddar cheese minced fresh coriander and the lemon juice.
- Season well.
- Divide the chicken mix among the tortillas and roll them up.
- Place seamside down in a greased baking dish then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook the tortillas on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting ovenfor 20 min or possibly till golden brown and bubbling.
- Cook on the bottom runners of the roasting ovenfor 25 to 30 min.
- Spoon the salsa verde over (qv) then serve garnished with basil leaves.
- Flour tortillas are available from major supermarkets. aga tip: if you have a large ovenproof frying pan cook the onions and the celery on the floor of the roasting oven. For some dishes tortillas can be toasted directly on the simmering plate or possibly in the toasting rack on the boiling plate.
- This recipe is ideal for a tight lunch or possibly a supper dish which you can have standing by in the fridge ready to pop into the aga when entertaining fnends
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment