Chicken Enchilada SoupPrep: 25 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by karenrecipe21 recipes>
This soup consists of ingredients you can whip together quickly, throw into the slow cooker and forget about until chow time. And, as an added bonus, it doesn’t call for any “cream-of-whatever” soup.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounce) dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) Rotel diced tomatoes and jalapenos
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water (optional thickener)
- For the garnish: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Combine all soup ingredients, except the chicken and cornstarch, in a slow cooker insert and stir. Gently add the chicken. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- 2. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board or plate and shred into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken back into the soup.
- Optional: In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water to make a slurry; stir into the soup to thicken slightly.
- To serve, top with your choice of garnishes.
Leave a review or comment