Chicken Curry CrêpesPrep: 60 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
An elegant, tasty chicken curry dish for a dinner party of 4. The recipe can be doubled. The crêpes can be made ahead and filled just before dinner time.
- Crêpes batter:
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) whole milk
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) white flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- Chicken Curry Filling:
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) celery chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white flour
- 1/2 tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) curry powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 3 cups (700 ml) diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream OR heavy
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) mozzarella or parmesan cheese (for the top)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter (30 ml) and other crÃªpe batter ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Brush the bottom of one or two 7" crÃªpe pan(s) or flat skillet with melted butter and heat pan. Pour enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan(s), tip to coat the pan but not too thick. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned and set. Set crÃªpes aside, keep them warm and continue until you have used all the batter.
- NOTE: These crÃªpes can be made ahead of time and frozen up to 2 months and thawed OR kept in the refrigerator until ready to be filled.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter and cook onions and celery in a saucepan until cooked. Stir in flour, seasonings and cook about 2-3 minutes. Add broth and let simmer until thickened. Remove from heat. Add the chicken and sour cream. Place the filling in a 13" X 9 " ovenproof pan and brush with melted butter. Fill each crÃªpe with 1 to 2 tbsp of the filling, roll it up and place in the pan until pan is filled. Add the mozzarella or parmesan cheese on top. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with white rice and vegetables of your choice.
Leave a review or comment