Chicken Casserole Pinoy Style (Pochero)Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Another common chicken dish with a little twist of the Filipino taste.
- 1 1/2 kg chicken legs or thighs, cutlets
- 1 med onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 med red ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock (add more if needed)
- 1 med potato, bite size cut (pre-cooked, fried)
- 1 med carrot. bite size cut (pre-cooked, fried)
- 1 med sweet potato, bite size cut (pre-cooked, fried)
- 1 pc sweet banana, bite size cut (optional) (pre-cooked, fried)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 bunch bok choy, bite size cut (Pechay Tagalog)
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomato sauce or tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chickpeas or green peas or both
- In a large pot saute onion and garlic, tomatoes and fish sauce.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, banana to the pot and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (adjust to your desired taste)
- Add tomato sauce and stir to blend well.
- Add the peas, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and bok choy.
- Cook just until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer into a serving dish.
Leave a review or comment