Chicken Cacciatore With Noodles
- 8 x Chicken thighs without skin pn No salt herb blend pn Salt and pepper to taste, if Desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Oil, divided
- 1 x Clove garlic chopped
- 1 can Tomatoes with juice
- 1 can Stewed red ripe tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 c. White wine
- 12 ounce Egg noodles, wide
- Sprinkle the chicken pcs with herb mix and salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tb of the oil in a large skillet with a cover & brown the chicken well on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet & set aside.
- Add in the remaining oil to the skillet and saute/fry the onion & garlic for about 3 min. Add in the tomatoes with their juice & the stewed tomatoes with their juice and the white wine. Bring the mix to a boil. Add in the browned chicken pcs, reduce the heat, cover the skillet & simmer the chicken for about 25 min or possibly till the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain & transfer the noodles to a serving platter, and spoon the chicken & sauce over them. Serve.
- Variation: Add in meatballs and chunks of Italian sausage to the sauce.
Leave a review or comment