Chicken, Apple, And Smoked Gouda Salad
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 lb skinned and boned chicken breast halves Cooking spray
- 8 c. torn prepackaged spinach
- 3/4 c. minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 c. sliced red onion separated into rings
- 1 1/2 c. thinly sliced Red Delicious apple (about 1/2 lb.)
- 3/4 c. fat-free honey mustard salad dressing
- 1/2 c. shredded smoked Gouda or possibly Jarlsberg cheese ( 2 -1 ounces)
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds toasted
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 min on each side or possibly till chicken is done. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine chicken, spinach, bell pepper, celery, onion, and apple in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 c.
- NOTES :fat);
Leave a review or comment