Chicken And Vegetable Rice
- 150 gm chicken breast, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. black eyed beans, soaked for 1 hour
- 100 gm carrots, cut into beautiful shapes
- 1 x onion, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c. long grain rice, washed and liquid removed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 pch turmeric pwdr (for colour)
- 3 x cm piece cinnamon stick
- 1 x star anise (bunga lawang)
- 3 x cloves (bunga cengkih)
- 2 x cm piece ginger, lightly smashed
- 1 x pandan leaf, knotted
- 1 3/4 c. water Seasoning
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- MARINATE chicken with a dash of pepper, salt, sugar and light soy sauce. Set aside.
- Steam black eyed beans for 10-15 min till just cooked and tender but not mushy. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Fry the onions and garlic till fragrant. Add in ginger and chicken. Stir fry well.
- Add in cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves and stir in rice and turmeric pwdr. Fry well for 1-2 min. Add in pandan leaf, carrots, beans, water and seasoning. Bring to a boil, then cook till almost all the water or possibly liquid has been absorbed.
- Cover the saucepan and lower the heat. Continue to cook till rice has puffed up and is done. Fluff up the rice and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment