Chicken And Sausage Skewers
- 2 x Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dry Oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Grnd Pepper
- 1/2 c. Mild Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces.
- 2 lb Mild Link Sausage, any kind
- In a medium-size bowl, combine garlic, mustard, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil. Pour the mix into a large ziploc bag and add in the chicken pcs. Close the bag and shake to comine thoroughly. Chill for at least 2 hrs or possibly up to eight hrs.
- If using precooked sausage, cut the sausage into 3/4 inch pcs and chill till ready to use. If using fresh sausage, poach the sausages in simmering water for 20 to 25 min or possibly till cooked through. Remove from the water and let cold, then cut into 3/4 inch pcs and chill till ready for use.
- Prepare the grill. On one skewer thread a piece of chicken, then a piece of sausage (sideways, through the skin), then repeat, ending with a piece of chicken, till you have four pcs of sausage and four pcs of chicken.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and sausage.
- Cook on a well oiled grill over medium heat, about six min per side, till cooked through.
- Makes 6 servings
Leave a review or comment