Chicken And Red Bell Pepper Bolognese
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm onion, minced fine
- 1 med garlic clove, minced fine
- 1/2 lb grnd chicken breast
- 1/2 c. chardonnay or possibly other dry white wine
- 1 can salt-free whole tomatoes (16-oz)
- 1 Tbsp. double-concentrate tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley finely minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves finely minced
- 2 med red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded and coarsely minced juices saved cooked pasta of your choice
- In a large saucepan or possibly skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil with the onion and garlic over moderate heat. When they sizzle, add in the chicken and sauteeit, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, till it begins to brown, 5 to 7 min.
- Add in the wine and stir and scrape well to deglaze the pan. Add in the tomatoes, breaking them up with your hands, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer the sauce till thick but still slightly liquid, 20 to 25 min.
- Spoon over cooked pasta - spaghetti, fettuccine or possibly medium-sized tubles, shells or possibly other shapes are recommended.
- Directions for roasting bell peppers:Place the peppers in a foil-lined baking sheet in a 500F oven. Roast till their skins are proportionately blistered and browned, about 25 min, turning them 2 or possibly 3 times so they roast proportionately. Remove them from the oven and cover them with a kitchen towel.
- When the peppers are cold sufficient to handle, pull out their stems, peel away their blackened skins; open the peppers up; and remove their seeds, using a tsp. to pick up any stray ones.
- Take care not to lose any of the peppers' juices, that are also very flavorful. You might want to pour them through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds or possibly bits of skin.
Leave a review or comment