Chicken And Leek Stew With Tarragon 8pts
- 1 x leek (each about 1.5in. wide)
- 5 ounce skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb red thin-skinned potatoes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. zinfandel or possibly rose
- 3 c. defatted chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 c. frzn petite peas
- 1 Tbsp. potato starch salt and pepper
- 1. Trim off and throw away root ends and tough green tops of leeks. Cut leeks in half lengthwise and rinse well, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-qt nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add in oil. Add in chicken and turn as needed to brown lightly on all sides, 4 min. Add in leeks to pan; stir till limp, 3 to 4 min. Add in wine and deglaze pan. Add in broth, minced tarragon, lemon peel, and potatoes; cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 min. Add in peas.
- 3. Add in peas. Combine potato starch and 1/4-c. water. Raise heat and add in the thickener to the stew, stirring till smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Description: "Tarragon emparts a sweet, mellow flavor to this mild chicken stew."
Leave a review or comment