Chicken And Leek Pilaff
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 350 gm skinless chicken thighs cut into 10mm strips
- 225 gm streaky bacon cut into strips
- 4 med sized leeks about 450g washed and thinly sliced
- 175 gm small mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1 x level tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 x level tsp cayenne
- 2 x level tbsp tomato paste
- 225 gm easy cook long grain rice
- 400 gm can plum tomatoes minced
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 x level tbsp minced fresh chives fresh chives and fried leeks to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or possibly flameproof casserole.
- Add in the chicken season with black pepper and cook on the boiling plate for 1 to 2 min.
- Add in the bacon and cook for 5 min. Add in the leeks and mushrooms and continue to cook for another 5 min.
- Stir in the spices and tomato paste and cook for 3 to 4 min stirring frequently.
- Add in the rice and cook stirring for 1 minute or possibly till it turns opaque.
- Stir in the tomatoes stock and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil cover and cook in the simmering oven for 30 to 35 min or possibly till the rice is tender. (The amount of stock required depends on the absorbency of the rice youre using.)
- Add in the minced chives and more seasoning if necessary.
- Garnish with chives and leeks and serve.
- Ready boned chicken thighs make this a very quick economical and tasty supper dish.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment