Chicken And Gravy
- 1 x garlic clove chopped, and mashed to a paste with
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crumbled dry thyme
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 whl chicken breast (about 3/4 lb.), halved
- 1/3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a shallow bowl stir together garlic paste, thyme, and 3 tsp. lemon juice. Add in chicken, turning to coat, and marinate, covered, 15 min.
- Pat chicken dry. In a 9-inch heavy skillet heat oil and butter over moderately-high heat till foam subsides and saute/fry chicken, skin-side down, till golden brown, about 3 min on each side. Transfer chicken with tongs to a plate.
- Add in flour to skillet and cook roux over moderately-low heat, whisking, 3 min. Whisk in broth and remaining tsp. lemon juice in a stream, whisking till gravy is smooth.
- Return chicken to skillet with any juices accumulated on plates and simmer, covered, 15 min, or possibly till springy to the touch and just cooked through.
- Accompaniment: cooked rice. Stir in parsley and serve over rice.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Leave a review or comment