Chicken And Eggplant Calzones
- 1 lb bread dough frzn
- 1 med eggplant in 1/2" slices/1 pound peeled vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 c. skinless boneless chicken breast (1 lb) cooked and minced
- 1 c. Romano cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 c. minced fresh basil
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. Chablis or possibly other dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x cloves garlic chopped
- Thaw bread dough. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat surface of eggplant with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 F. for 17 min or possibly till lightly browned. Dice eggplant, and place in a large bowl. Add in chicken and next 7 ingredients; stir well. Set aside.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Working with 1 portion at a time
- (coverremaining portions to keep dough from drying out), roll each portion to 1/8" thickness. Place on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and pat each portion into a 7" circle with floured fingertips. Spoon 1/2 c. chicken mix onto half of each circle; moisten edges of dough with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F. for 18 min or possibly till golden brown. Remove from oven, and lightly coat again with cooking spray. Serve hot.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment