Chicken And Egg Salad
- 4 tsp curry pwdr, preferably Madras-style
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 1/2 x to 3 c. 1 inch pcs cooked chicken
- 4 lrg Large eggs, hard cooked, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 c. diced, peeled crisp apple
- 1/2 c. diced sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. dry currants
- 1/2 c. toasted, skinned, coarsely minced hazelnuts
- Salad greens, preferably Boston or possibly Bibb lettuce
- Sprinkle curry pwdr and cumin in a small dry skillet and heat over low till spices are fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove and transfer to a small bowl; add in mayonnaise and cayenne, if using, and stir till blended.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, Large eggs, apple, onion and currants. Gently mix in mayonnaise mix. Sprinkle hazelnuts over top and stir salad just once. Serve at room temperature or possibly chilled on salad greens.
Leave a review or comment