Chicken and Dumplings
- 1/2 cup Whole Chicken (1/8 cut)
- 2 lbs All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 1 cup granulated garlic
- 1 cup liquid margarine
- 5 gals chicken stock
- 5 lbs carrots
- 5 lbs celery
- 3 lbs leeks
- 1 cup fresh sage
- 5 leaves Bay Leaves
- 1 gal dumpling batter
- Wash and dredge chicken in flour, seasoning salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Fry chicken in deep fryer.
- Cook till chicken is brown (chicken shouldn't be completely cooked.)
- In the Tilt grill saute carrots, celery, and leeks in margarine for about 5 minutes add chicken broth and sage and bay leaves.
- Add Chicken bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until Chicken is fork-tender (approx. 40 minutes)
- Thicken sauce as needed.
- Once sauce is to it's desired consistency (should nto be as thick as gravy) pan-up chicken mixture (leave some sauce in tilt grill for the dumplings) ensuring that there's more chicken than sauce in the pan.
- Don't top the pan-off with chicken mixture leave some room for the dumplings.
- Make sure tilt grill is still on at the simmering point.
- Follow the directions on the box to make the dumpliong mixture.
- Use a ice cream scoop to spoon mixture in the sauce and let simmer for approx. 20 minutes turning dumplings once.
- Check for doneness by cutting one dumpling in half.
- Once dumplings are done top-off the panned-up chicken and serve.
Leave a review or comment