Chicken And Beef Satays With Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 sm onion minced
- 5 x garlic cloves minced
- 4 tsp curry pwdr
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 x boneless skinless chicken breast - (8 ounce) cut 1/2" strips
- 1 x beef rib eye steak - (8 ounce) trimmed and cut 1/2" strips
- 1/3 c. no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 x garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pkt sugar substitute (such as Splenda - not Nutrasweet)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- You will need 16 ten-inch wooden or possibly bamboo skewers to complete the Satay experience.
- Soak skewers in cool water for at least 20 min (this prevents burning). In a blender, combine cream, onion, garlic, curry pwdr, cumin, cayenne and salt; blend till smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add in chicken and beef strips; toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature 15 min.
- Make dipping sauce: In a blender, combine ingredients and blend till smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. (Sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead of time, cover and chill.)
- Heat broiler. Thread chicken and beef strips onto the skewers without crowding. Place on an oiled rack in a broiler pan and broil till cooked through, turning once, about 5 min. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Description: "These meaty, curry-marinated morsels are traditionally charcoal-grilled, but the broiler makes them an in-house specialty. You can, of course, use either all chicken or possibly beef instead of a combination."
Leave a review or comment