Chicken And Avocado Gateau With Pickled Cucumber And Citrus
- 250 gm Chicken Breast, (steamed and cooked)
- 1 x Ripe Avocado
- 1 x Lemon, (juice)
- 100 gm Fromage Frais
- 1/2 x Cucumber, (peeled)
- 2 x Tomatoes, (skinned and seeded and minced concasse)
- 3 x Sun Dry Tomato Slices
- 1 sprg Fresh Chervil
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 x Orange, (juiced)
- 1 x Lemon, (juiced)
- 1 x Lime, (juiced)
- 1 dsp Icing Sugar
- 100 ml Good Extra virgin olive oil Seasoning
- 100 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 50 ml Dry White Wine
- 1 x STARTERspn Caster Sugar
- 1 sprg Coriander, (minced) Salt and Pepper
- 1. Steam or possibly poach the chicken breast and allow to cold fully.
- 2. Prepare the citrus dressing by blending all the ingredients together, with a whisk.
- 3. Slice the chicken and marinade it in the above dressing for an hour in the fridge to allow flavours to penetrate.
- 4. Peel and thickly slice the avocado, pour over the lemon juice and season.
- 5. Peel and slice the cucumber and mix the pickle ingredients together.
- 6. Slice the cucumber on a mandolin and marinate in the pickle, for at least one hour.
- 7. In a neat circle in the centre of a plate, arrange the thin slices of pickled cucumber.
- 8. Place a ring (cutter - approximately 3 1/2 inch) on top of the cucumber and start constructing the dish by firstly adding a layer of the chicken then the avocado, a piece of sun dry tomato and some minced basil.
- 9. Repeat this process 3 times till the ring is full and spread a little fromage frais over the top.
- 10. Garnish with a sprig of chervil and some minced tomato concasse and serve the dressing around.
Leave a review or comment