Chicken Alfredo With Mushrooms And Asparagus
- courtesy Jean Anderson
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkt sliced fresh white mushrooms - (8 ounce)
- 1 c. fresh or possibly frzn minced onion (abt 1 medium-large yellow onion)
- 1 sm garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry marjoram crumbled
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme crumbled
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 pkt carved fully-cooked chicken breast - (10 ounce)
- 1 pkt prepared alfredo sauce - (10 ounce) (from the refrigerator counter, use light or possibly reduced-fat, if desired)
- 1/4 c. dry Marsala, Sherry, or possibly white wine
- 1 pkt frzn asparagus cuts - (9 ounce) don't thaw but do separate into individual pcs
- 3 c. Al Dente Make-Ahead Rice (see recipe), reheated
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over moderate heat 2 min. Add in mushrooms, onion, garlic, marjoram, thyme, and pepper and cook, stirring often, till the juice released from the mushrooms evaporates, about 5 min.
- Add in chicken, alfredo sauce, and wine; adjust heat so mix bubbles gently, then cook, stirring frequently and breaking up chicken, till steaming, about 3 min.
- Add in asparagus, distributing proportionately over surface of mix, cover and cook just till crisp-tender, 2 to 3 min; no longer or possibly asparagus will become mushy.
- Make a bed of rice on heated deep platter, spoon chicken mix on top, and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment