Chicken Alfredo Pierogi~ My Nice Indie's FavoritePrep: 45 min Cook: 7 min Servings: 5by ChaCha Can Cook98 recipes>
My Niece Indie loves the taste of Chicken Alfredo, so I came up with this recipe for a pierogi filling. These are rich, cheesy, delicious, and make a wonderful appetizer for a party. They will go quick, so I suggest making a lot. I make a double batch and freeze them, and use them by the dozen. When freezing them, make sure to thaw them out entirely so they don't pull apart. I hope you enjoy!!
- 4 Boneless çhicken breasts, cooked and chopped very fine
- 1/2 C. Parm. Chz.
- 2 T. Butter
- 1/2 C. Milk
- 2 pkg. Nufachel
- 4 oz. Mozzarella shredded
- 4 oz. Italian 5 Cheese shredded
- 1 pkg Knorr Alfredo mix
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbl. sour cream
- 1 tbl. Vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix all dough ingredients until it forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a mixer except chicken. Mix well, then add chicken. Mix well and chill.
- On the stove, fill a large pot with salted water and bring it to a steady boil.
- Roll out dough until it is thin (1/16th of an inch thick). Using a round biscuit cutter, cut dough into circles. Sticky side towards the ceiling, place one ball in the center of the dough and seal edges with your fingers. Using a fork, go over the edges of the sealed dough to seal the edges. Repeat until all are made.
- Drop assembled piroghi's into boiling water (8 at a time) and remove once they float up to the top. Lift them out with a spoon with holes, and place them in a buttered baking dish to cool. Repeat until all are made.
- Before eating, pan fry in a non-stick skillet and serve warm and brown on the sides.
- These freeze very well, just freeze them after they come out of the boiling water and cool. Pan fry them after they thaw.
Leave a review or comment