Chicharon Baboy (Pork Rind Crackling)Prep: 60 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Another version of Filipino delicacy chicharon. Very nice to try. Your choice of dipping sauce is fine, but I usually enjoy it with vinegar dip.
- Pork skin with little fat and meat
- Water (enough to cover pork rind)
- 1 head Garlic
- Salt (rock salt or kosher salt)
- about 1/2 tsp per lbs of pork skin
- 6pcs Peppercorns
- 3pcs Bay leaf
- Place all dry ingredients in a heavy pot adding water until the pork is covered about an inch high.
- Bring to a boil until pork skin is tender ( about an hour).
- Remove the pork and drain really well.
- Cut into bite size and let these air dry or put in the fridge uncovered over night or so.
- After drying the pork skins overnight you are ready to deep fry them.
- Heat up oil and fry the pork skin pieces in batches and cook until light golden brown and puffed up.
- Carefully take the chicharon using slotted spoon.
- *Make sure that the pork rinds are dry before frying to avoid oil splatter while deep frying.
Leave a review or comment