Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 c. Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1 1/4 c. Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 c. Butter, softened
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 12 ounce Semisweet chocolate chips, 2 c., or possibly chunks
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour, cake flour, baking soda and baking pwdr; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, till creamy, 2 to 3 min. Add in Large eggs and vanilla. Continue beating; scrapeing bowl often till well mixed (one minute). Reduce speed to low, continue beating, gradually adding flour mix till well mixed, 2 to 3 min. By hand, stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 min. Remove from cookie sheets.
- Makes 26Jumbo cookies
- Note: 1 c. all-purpose flour minus 2 Tbsp. can be substituted for cake flour, but cookies will be flat and less chewy.
- Cook's Tip: For 2 1/2 inch cookies, drop by rounded Tbsp. 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 min till light golden.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Leave a review or comment