Cheryl's Chocolate Trifle
- Chocolate cake mix (the sm. one pan size)
- 1 box chocolate pudding mix, the kind you cook, not instant
- 1 sm. container whipping cream
- Slivered almonds
- 1/2 - 1 c. Amaretto liqueur
- Bake cake, after cake cools, put in a serving dish (I have a round glass serving dish, the diameter is 7 1/2" and height is 3", fits this dessert perfectly); sprinkle with the Amaretto liqueur. You can use a fork to make holes in the cake to help it absorb the liquid.
- Cook chocolate pudding mix, pour over the cake while warm; chill.
- When you're ready to serve dessert, whip the cream, adding a little sugar and vanilla to the cream, put on top of cake and pudding, sprinkle with almonds and serve. Serves 6 to 8.
Leave a review or comment