Cherry And Zabaglione Cream Tart
- 3 x egg yolks
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Marsala
- 1/2 c. chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream
- 1 x 9 inch refrigerated ready pie crust (1/2 15-oz package), room temperature
- 1 tsp all purpose flour (heaping)
- 1 1/2 c. pitted fresh cherries or possibly frzn thawed and well liquid removed
- 3 Tbsp. grated bittersweet (not unsweetened) or possibly semisweet chocolate
- For zabaglione:Whisk yolks and sugar in top of double boiler over simmering water to blend. Gradually whisk in Marsala. Continue whisking till mix is tripled in volume and holds shape in spoon, about 5 min. Set top of double boiler over bowl filled with ice and water and whisk zabaglione till cold. Remove from over water. Beat cream and lowfat sour cream in medium bowl to stiff peaks. Whisk in zabaglione. Cover and chill till well chilled. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- For tart:Preheat oven to 400F. Dust 1 side of crust with flour. Gently transfer crust to 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom, floured side down. Press into pan and press to seal any cracks. Trim edges. Pierce all over with fork. Bake till golden, about 15 min. Cold on rack.
- Drain cherries on paper towels. Arrange in crust. Spoon zabaglione cream over. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. (Can be prepared 3 hrs ahead.)
- Sprinkle with chocolate and serve.
- Serves 6.
- NOTES : A sophisticated finale which's easier than pie. If you have a little extra time, you might make your own pastry shell.
Leave a review or comment