Cherry and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork LoinPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Easy, delicious and healthy roasted Cherry and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Loin is overflowing with flavor.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¾ cup baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 to 1½ pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 pieces butcher’s twine, 10” in length
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Coarsely chop the baby spinach. Add the spinach, lemon zest, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to pan. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until just wilted. Remove spinach to a small bowl and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add the dried cherries and goat cheese crumbles to the spinach and toss slightly.
- Rinse tenderloin and thoroughly pat dry. Lay tenderloin on a separate cutting board. Use a sharp knife to "butterfly" the pork tenderloin. This is done by making an incision mid way through the length of the tenderloin (so it opens like a book). Be sure to leave the loin with at least ½ inch uncut at the base. Repeat with remaining loin (here is a video I found to demonstrate).
- Cover loins with plastic wrap and use the back of a rolling pin (or a meat tenderizer) to gently pound the meat until the surface is flat. Do not over pound, as this will affect the texture of the pork. Pound out to a uniform ½" thickness.
- Place spinach filling down the center and roll up.
- Tie the pork tenderloin closed with 4 pieces of twine, binding every two inches on the loin, ensuring the roll stays intact. Cut the excess string length.
- Season the pork on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add pork to hot pan and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer pork loin to prepared baking sheet and bake the pork loin until it reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the loin on a plate and cover with foil. This will allow the meat to rest and give the filling a chance to firm up.
- Slice pork into ½” thick slices and serve.
Leave a review or comment