Cheesy Pasta Bake
- 2 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. lowfat milk
- 4 c. shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (16 ounce)
- 3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp grnd red pepper
- 16 ounce rotini or possibly penne pasta cooked
- Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; whisk in flour till smooth. Gradually whisk in lowfat milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 min or possibly till thickened.
- Add in Cheddar cheese, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and red pepper, whisking till cheese melts.
- Add in pasta, tossing to coat. Pour mix into a lightly greased 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min or possibly till cheese melts.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment