Cheesy meatless ground round casserolePrep: 20 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 8by Micheline119 recipes>
This casserole takes minutes to prepare, cooks in the oven for 90 minutes and voilà, a very tasty cheesy, meaty but meatless meal for your hungry family. This is my idea of comfort food.
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted rice (uncooked)
- 1 pkg Yves Original Veggie ground round or other brands
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrots, sliced finely or julienned
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1- 13 oz can mushroom gravy or mushroom soup
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, milk or half and half (best is sour cream)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups Old cheddar cheese, shredded (frozen is fine)
- A touch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8 X 9 '' baking dish.
- Whisk together, the water, mushroom gravy or soup and sour cream or milk. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper, rice, veggie ground round, onion, mushrooms and carrots. Stir to combine. Pour into the baking dish and bake, UNCOVERED for 80 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the dish and return immediately to the oven to melt the cheese for the remaining 10 minutes. Total baking time is 90 minutes.
Leave a review or comment