Cheeseburger Pot Pie
- 1 x Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce pkg)
- 1 1/2 lb lean grnd beef
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. minced pickle if you like
- 1/8 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese - (4 ounce)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Let pie crust pouch stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 min.
- Meanwhile, brown grnd beef in large skillet over medium-high heat till thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add in onion; cook 5 to 8 min till onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add in ketchup, pickle and pepper; mix well. Cook 2 to 3 min or possibly till thoroughly heated.
- Spoon beef mix into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Unfold pie crust; press out fold lines. Place crust over warm beef mix. Flute edges; cut slits in several places in crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 13 to 20 min or possibly till crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil during last 10 min of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Diet Exchange: 2 Starch, 3 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat or possibly 2 Carbohydrate, 3 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat.
Leave a review or comment