Charlotte Tiramisu Cake with a hint of Baileys - Heaven in MouthPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by MyCreative Flavors138 recipes>
more details at - http://www.mycreativeflavors.com/2011/04/charlotte-tiramisu-cake-with-hint-of.html
- 1/4 cup Espresso, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Gevalia Coffee Irish Cream Flavor (else 4 Tsp of Irish Cream)
- 1/4 cup Whipped Cream
- 2 large Brown Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh Mascarpone Cheese
- A Pinch of Salt
- 2 Pack ladyfingers (18 numbers)
- For Decoration:
- 2 Oz Neste Dark chocolate, grated
- 2 Tsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tsp Instant coffee powder
- Kisses by Hersheys dipped in mascarpone
- White Morsels, few
- Strawberries, sliced
- 1. Brew the espresso & coffee separately, let it cool down to room temprature, if you dont have Irish cream flavored coffee you can add 3-4 Tsp of Bailey's at this stage.
- 2. In a bowl beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they get stiff. Add half the sugar at this stage, keep beating by scraping the sides.
- 3. In the separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar till the mix gets stiff and make sure to scrap the sides. Fold in the mascarpone cheese at this stage along with whipped cream keep beating till you get a consistent mixture.
- 4. Mix the ingreadiend of both the bowls & give them a whip again.
- 5. To prepare Tiramisu cups take a spoonfull of the mascarpone mix into each cup.
- 6. Soak each ladyfinger in the our coffee mix mixture for 5-10 seconds, until completelywet & break'em in halves , now layer them over the mascarpone mix in each cup, We'll end up using two ladyfingers per cup.
- 7. With mascarpone mix on the top now we will grate some generous amount of chocolate over each cup and refrigerate at least 4hours,and preferably overnight.
- 9. Right before serving, we will top each cup some coccoa powder & dry instant coffee.
- To Prepare the Tiramisu cake:
- 1.Take 4 Lady fingers dip them in coffee syrup & take out quikly, these wont be fully soaked lay them next to each other & now you can our soem coffee on top with spoon.
- 2. You can use a cake ring to cut into a circle and put the bits back on the layer.
- 3. Over the first layer of lady fingers now put 2 spoons full of Mascarpone mix & spread evenly.
- 4. Add another layer of 4 lady fingers dipped in coffee,spread some mascarpone mix.
- 5. To cover the edges, we will cut our Lady fingers in half & start placing them on the sides (we wont dip these in Coffee).
- 6. Now let us grate some generous amounts of chocolate on the top & leave in refrigerator for atleast 4 hours, , prefferably overnight.
- 7. Right before serving, we will top up the cake some coccoa powder & dry instant coffee.
- Patience is the key here, if you can resist before eating overnight, you get best results...
Leave a review or comment