Chargrilled Jerk Chicken Breast Skewers With Cucumber Dippin
- 2 lb chicken breast diced 1/2" thick
- 12 x wooden skewers soaked in water for 2 hrs Green tai leaves
- 2 lb fresh Yucca peeled, and cut into fries Fresh pineapple wedges
- 25 ounce cucumber
- 7 ounce lowfat sour cream
- 7 ounce mayonnaise
- 1 ounce cider vinegar
- 1/2 ounce salt
- 1 pch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 ounce Dijon mustard
- 1/2 ounce minced garlic
- 1 x onion finely minced
- 1/2 c. finely-minced scallion
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp grnd Jamaican pimento (allspice)
- 1/2 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 x warm pepper finely grnd (or possibly 2 Scotch bonnet peppers)
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 Tbsp. cider or possibly white vinegar
- For the marinade, mix together onion, scallion, thyme, salt, sugar, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, warm pepper, black pepper, soy sauce, oil and vinegar. These ingredients can also be combined in a food processor.
- For the Cucumber Dipping sauce: Peel and seed cucumbers and roughly chop. Add in lowfat sour cream and mayonnaise. Add in rest of ingredients and puree in a blender. (Yields about 1 1/2 qts)
- Preheat the fryer. Skewer 2 1/2 ounces of chicken onto each skewer. Place the skewers in a shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the skewers onto a warm grill and grill till done, about 2 to 3 min per side. Place the Yucca fries in the fryer and fry the fries till golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Place 3 of skewers on the left side of the plate. Place green tai leaf on the other end of the plate and top with a wedge of fresh pineapple. Place 6 ounces of cooked yucca fries in the middle of the plate. Place 3 ounces of Cucumber Dipping Sauce in a souffle c. next to the skewers and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- NOTES :0
Leave a review or comment