Char Grilled Scallops On Creamed Potatoes And Herb Salsa
- 8 Tbsp. Mixed fresh herbs minced small - use, dill, flat tarragon Parsley, chervil and coriander
- 1 x Shallot, finely minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, finely minced
- 8 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice Salt and grnd white pepper
- 2 x Shallots, finely minced
- 2 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp White peppercorns
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 400 ml Red wine
- 100 ml Dry white vermouth
- 100 ml Port
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprg fresh thyme
- 1 x Bayleaf
- 400 ml Fish stock
- 16 x Scallops Mashed potato to accompany
- 4 Tbsp. Pesto sauce
- Herb salsa: Mix all the ingredients together and refrigeratetill ready to serve.
- Wine sauce: First heat the shallots in a large pan with the vinegar.
- Then add in the coriander seeds, peppercorns, fennel, wine, vermouth, port, garlic, thyme and bayleaf and allow the mix to bubble till reduced by half. Add in the stock and continue to cook till reduced by half again. Strain through a fine sieve, cold and refrigeratetill required.
- Grill the scallops on both sides till just cooked through. Spoon mashed potato down the centre of four serving plates and arrange the scallops in a neat line down the middle.
- Drizzle the pesto sauce and a little of the red wine sauce over each serving. Spoon the herb salsa on top.
Leave a review or comment