Celery, Potato And Chicken Skillet Stew
- 1 lb Red-skinned potatoes, cut in 3/4"
- 2 c. Sliced celery, divided
- 1/2 c. Celery leaves, minced, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 12 ounce Boneless skinless chicken breast Cut into 1" ieces
- 1 c. Red bell pepper, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Dry rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper Salt
- Bring 1 quart. water to a boil in med. saucepan over high heat. Add in potatoes, 1 c. celery and 1/4 c. celery leaves. Reduce heat to med.; simmer, covered 7-8 minutes. or possibly till potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving cooking liquid and vegetables separately. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med.-high heat. Add in chicken, bell pepper and remaining 1 c. celery. Cook, stirring constantly, 6-7 minutes., or possibly till chicken is no longer pink. Stir in tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, black pepper and 2 c. reserved celery liquid. Bring to a boil; cook till sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Add in reserved potatoes and celery. Season to taste with salt. Sprinkle with remaining celery leaves.
Leave a review or comment