Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 c. Butter, softened
- 1 c. Granulated sugar
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 2/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 3 med Carrots, grated
- 1/2 c. Coarsely minced walnuts
- 1 stk butter, softened
- 4 ounce Cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. Confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c. Finely minced walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- 2. Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking pwdr, and salt.
- 3. Beat together butter and sugar at medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Add in Large eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, alternately beat flour mix and lowfat milk into butter mix. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake cake till top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 min. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cold for 10 min. Turn cake out onto rack to cold completely.
- 5. To prepare icing, beat together butter and cream cheese at medium speed till completely smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar till well blended. To prepare topping, mix together nuts and brown sugar.
- 6. Place cake on a serving plate. Spread icing over top and sides.
- Sprinkle with nut mix.
Leave a review or comment