Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingPrep: 25 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 10by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
A nut-sprinkled cream cheese icing is the perfect foil for this moist, not-too-sweet cake.
- Cake Batter:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 2/3 Cups Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 3 Medium Carrots, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, Toasted & Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 4 Oz. Reduced-Fat Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, Toasted & Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- Prepare Cake Batter: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-Inch round cake pan. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat together butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and milk into butter mixture. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Icing & Topping: Beat together butter and cream cheese at medium speed until completely smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until well blended. For topping, mix together nuts and brown sugar.
- Place cake on serving plate. Spread icing over top and sides. Sprinkle with nut mixture.
- Tip: If desired, icing can be omitted. Instead, dust top of cake with powdered sugar.
Leave a review or comment