Carrot Cake Definitely a Weight WatchersPrep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 4by Nathan Willow31 recipes>
I've got a very special carrot cake recipe to share. This recipe is special for a number of reasons. One reason, in my opinion, is the inclusion of delicious berries. In addition to that, this is a very healthy carrot cake recipe, so you can feel free to add a little extra to your plate! On top of that, this recipe is very easy to make and quite delicious. You're in for a treat with this recipe. When you find yourself running to the store a few days later to make another batch of this healthy carrot cake recipe, don't say I didn't warn you!
- What you will need to make this carrot cake recipe:
- 1. 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2. 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3. 1 tsp of baking soda
- 4. 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 5. 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 6. 1 tsp of allspice
- 7. 1/4 tsp of salt
- 8. 1 1/4 cups of water
- 9. 1 1/4 cups of finely chopped dates
- 10. 1/3 cup of thawed orange juice concentrate
- 11. 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 12. 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 13. 1/2 cup of dried blueberries
- 14. 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat your oven until it reaches a temperature of 350Â°F (180Â°C).
- 2. Coat your baking pan with oil, butter or margarine.
- 3. Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan.
- 4. Add orange and dates into the saucepan, then remove the saucepan from the heat and let everything get to room temperature.
- 5. Use a whisk to mix together each of your dry ingredients until they are evenly blended in a mixing bowl.
- 6. Mix together all of the wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, until it is all of the same consistency.
- 7. Pour this mixture into your greased baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Leave a review or comment