Carol Wolk's Marvelous Matzo Balls For Chicken Soup
- 1 c. Matzo meal
- 5 lrg Large eggs
- 1 tsp + 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Russian vodka
- 2 tsp Club soda or possibly seltzer
- 1 tsp Chicken broth
- 1/4 c. Oil
- 4 quart NY Penicillin or possibly chicken broth
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the matzo meal and Large eggs. Add in the salt and vodka, club soda, chicken broth, and oil and mix well. Cover and put in the freezer for 20 min.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a deep pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Slowly lower 2-Tbsp.-size scoops of the matzo mix into the water, one at a time, till all is used up. It's ok to crowd the matzo balls. Cover the pot and cook for 40 min. Drain the matzo balls in a colander.
- 3. Bring the chicken soup to a boil and add in the matzo balls, and serve, figuring 2-3 matzo balls per eater.
- Makes: 18 large matzo balls, serves 6-9.
Leave a review or comment